Mom's Traditional Shepherds Pie

Mom's Traditional Shepherds Pie

Vegan. Healthy. Delicious. Easy.

Credit for this recipe goes to my mom, Barbara Linke.  This was always one of my favorite meals growing up, so I did my best to veganize it, while still honoring her recipe.

Ingredients (screenshot for an easy shopping list):

  • Beyond Beef Crumbles (1 bag)
  • Green beans (1 bag or ~12 oz)
  • Tomato soup (1 can, condensed)
  • Potatoes (1.5 lbs, peeled)
  • White onion (one-quarter, diced)
  • Garlic clove (finely minced)
  • Oil (0.5 tsp)
  • Salt, pepper & earth balance buttery spread (to taste)

Photographic Directions

Peel the potatoes and dice them into quarters.

Place the potatoes into a pot with cold water and a half teaspoon of salt.

Bring the water to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat and simmer for ~20-25 minutes.

As the potatoes cook, saute the onion and garlic in oil for ~2 minutes.

Add the crumbles and cook until thawed and cooked through, stirring frequently.

Add the mixture to a casserole dish.

Add the beans.

Add the soup.

Test the potatoes with a fork, which should easily pierce the potato quarters.

Mash the potatoes in a bowl.

Add salt, pepper and buttery spread to taste.

Add the potatoes to the casserole dish.

Bake at 350℉ for 30-45 minutes, until the potatoes are light brown and the soup is bubbling up.

Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

I enjoyed the pie with a Romaine and spinach salad.

Want more like this, plus simple recipes and other inspirational tid-bits?


Follow Me:  my.plant.based.adventures
Use My Hashtag:  #veganintentionnotperfection


Follow This Blog:  Enter your email address on the Home page to get automatic email updates of every post.


Like My Page: My Plant Based Adventures



Comments