Spaghetti Marinara Sauce

Spaghetti Marinara Sauce

Vegan. Healthy. Delicious. Easy.

Recipe Credit:    The Vegan Lilas
                            @vegan.lilas
                            www.theveganlilas.com

This marinara sauce is not only delicious, but it is easy and fast to make.

Ingredients List (screenshot for an easy shopping list):

  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
  • 0.5 Large White Onion (chopped)
  • 1 15-oz can Tomato Sauce
  • 2 tbsp Tomato Puree 
  • 1 small handful Fresh Basil (minced)
  • 2 Bay Leaves (whole)
  • Black Pepper (to taste)
  • Salt (to taste)

Photographic Methods

Dice the onion.

Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until soft.

Mince the garlic and saute it with the onion for 1-2 minutes.

Add the tomato sauce and paste, stir and heat over medium-low heat for several minutes.

Mince the fresh basil.

Add the basil, bay leaf, pepper and salt to the pan.

Thoroughly mix the ingredients and simmer over low heat.

Continue to simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes.

Remove the bay leaves.

Remove the sauce from the heat and store in a bowl until the pasta is ready.

Want more like this, plus simple recipes and other inspirational tid-bits?


Follow Me:  my.plant.based.adventures
Use My Hashtag:  #veganintentionnotperfection


Follow This Blog:  Enter your email address on the Home page to get automatic email updates of every post.


Like My Page: My Plant Based Adventures




Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my recipe and adding such wonderful pictures with it. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like your recipe on my blog! And I thank you for sharing it with me! It's very exciting to know that I will never again need to buy canned or bottled pizza or pasta sauce.

      Delete

Post a Comment